Jamaica Missions Video

Monday, November 20, 2006

In the Air...

The team is in the air crossing the Atlantic Ocean right about now. We (Rusty, Kolby, Kyle, and Laurie) came down a day early to get the materials needed so that when the team shows up we will be able to work. Last year we had to wait a day and a half just to get the materials. Internet is scarce down here, but I will do my best to update this as often as possible. There is a chance of rain all this week so keep in prayer that we may have good weather to work in.

As we were in the airport there was a bar and as we were waiting just outside this bar we heard Christian worship music coming from the speakers. It was hard for me to think that at a bar they would play Christian music. If this was done back in America someone would get offended and have a law suit against the bar.

We were welcomed very well by the staff and students here at teen challenge. I will get some more pictures once the team gets here. Thanks so much. I am working on getting some internet where we are staying, but it is not looking good. Just keep the team in prayer that everyone would make it here safe and also as the team was going through security the airport took the hydraulic pump. We really have to find one so that we will be able to produce the trusses for the roof. We could do without the pump, but it would put a lot more work on the team. Keep us in prayer. Thanks
This is the massive bird that brought us to Jamaica and that the team is on right now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

man, i wanna come so bad!!! hope ya'll are having fun. I'll be praying for better weather than last year lol. How's the Carribean? I will miss that. Ladada called me last night- tell her hi for me and i love her.

Anonymous said...

this is a test of trying to comment

Anonymous said...

Tracy Passwaters:

I pray that the team made it safe and sound. Please tell my Dad Quinley Whitt that we love and miss him, and to call home if he gets a chance. I hope the rain holds out for you guys!


Blessings & Love